- First quality German A5B/DS Cloth / Canvas with a dobby weave lining
- Provide up to 3dB (a significant) noise reduction from standard Sonnendeck
- Precision cut with Gerber automated computer guided cutting equipment
- The entire top is cut from the same bolt of cloth for consistent color & pattern
- Stitched with matching colors using the finest bonded polyester threads
- DOT approved heated glass window with embedded defroster wiring
- Includes the wiring harness to connect the defroster window to electrical system
- Includes new steel side hold down cables already securely installed on this top
- Deck seams are blind stitched and PFAFF heat-sealed from the inside as original
- Factory-style retainer attachments are sewn-in for an easy & accurate installation
How Does A Glass Window Fit into the Boot?1997-2002 Porsche Boxster convertible tops were offered with plastic rear windows. You can purchase a replacement top with either an original style plastic window or a glass window similar to the 2003 and newer Boxster. The Boxster glass window is a DOT approved aftermarket window with the safety emblems and includes embedded defroster wiring and a wire harness kit to connect it to the vehicle's electrical system.
Like the newer Boxsters, the glass windows for the 1997-2002 Boxster are smaller than the plastic window. This is necessary since the larger plastic window folds when it is retracted into the top boot. And since a glass window does not fold it's size is 35.5" wide by 12'' tall to allow it to fit into the boot properly.
The trade-off is a slight loss in visibility because of the size and a big gain in clarity in your rear view mirror looking through glass compared to a plastic window that will discolor over time.
How to Connect the Wiring Harness
When you purchase the glass window convertible top from us, you receive a new rear window defroster wiring harness.
For all Boxsters sold in the US, with heated, electric mirrors there is a connector behind the seat belt harness on the driver's side where you can plug in the wiring harness.
One side of the wiring harness plugs into the window connector. On the other side there are two defroster connectors. One side is for negative and the other side for positive.
Just plug the harness to the window and connector behind the seat belt for it to work. The glass window defroster will activate when you turn on your mirror defroster. Do not turn on the defroster when the top is down to avoid build up of heat in the top boot. Detailed instructions with pictures are provided in the included installation guide.
The Convertible Top comes ready to install. No sewing required.