1989-1997 Mazda Miata Top Straps Installation Guide
Straps must be installed on models when retrofitting from plastic to glass window
1990 - 2005 Mazda Miata Top Straps Installation Instructions
New tension straps must be installed on models when retrofitting from plastic to glass window on the 1990-1997 models. We've have also seen situations where these straps have been necessary for 1999-2005 Miata's that originally came with a glass window. We recommend you install these straps for all 1990-2005 2 piece original factory style replacement tops or the 1 piece replacement tops.
NOTE: Straps are opposites of each other - left angle for driver and right angle for passenger.
- Third bow strap rivet hole locations. Locate center of bow and measure out 19.25" for the first hole and 20.25" for the second hole.
- Fourth bow strap rivet hole locations.Locate center of bow and measure out 19" for the first hold and 20" for the second hole.
- Drill four holes using 5/32" steel drill bit on the third and fourth bow at indicated positions.
- Use eight rivets to attach the straps to the third and fourth bow.
- Attach the lower section of the straps to the third stud behind each door.
These tension straps are included with all 1990-2005 Miata convertible top replacements from Auto Tops Direct.